On IHP we plan our own fitness regime. We look at what we eat, if it’s healthy and how we can exercise to make sure we stay fit. We also look into making the right choices in life; I used to smoke and now I am trying to stop!
The Individual Health Plan course students learn and understand how to maintain a healthy mind and body. It extends their knowledge and interest about how to plan exercise routines, activities and diets.
The IHP ensures that young people develop the knowledge and understanding, skills, capabilities and attributes they need for mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing now and in the future.
The IHP ensures students:
- Make informed decisions in order to improve their mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing.
- Experience challenge and enjoyment.
- Experience positive aspects of healthy living and activity for themselves.
- Apply your mental, emotional, social and physical skills to pursue a healthy lifestyle.
- Make a successful move to the next stage of education or work.
- Establish a pattern of health and wellbeing which will be sustained into adult life.
- Enjoy the process of developing your skills and knowledge.