Pupil Premium Grant
We believe every young person has positive potential. We believe that disengagement is a response to the situation, not the problem and given the right support, every student can make a positive contribution. Our focus is on the good that we can do, not the harm that has been done.
Rise Academy receives extra funding to help all groups of children reach their potential, move past their history and find their ambition. This extra funding is called Pupil Premium and is linked to the number of students who take free school meals, are ‘Looked After’/adopted or belong to service families.
At Rise 80% (not inclusive of LAC) of our learners are supported by our Pupil Premium focus; many of our strategies not only narrow the gap to ensure above expected progress is demonstrated but these approaches indirectly raise the aspiration and outcomes of others.
- Development of our ‘Rise Above’ therapy centre
- Employment of our dedicated Education Psychologist two days per week to develop and implement therapeutic approaches to support the emotional development of our learners
- Targeted professional development from our Education Psychologist to enhance the expertise of the staff team
- We employ a designated outreach worker for LAC
- We ran targeted exams preparation sessions
- We employ an outreach teacher to support the Literacy and Numeracy progress of LAC learners
100% of our Ever 6 FSM learners meet their aspirational ‘Rise’ target within an academic year.
School at a Glance
We are inspirational
- By approaching students as individuals and understanding their perspectives, we find new and exciting ways to reactivate their engagement with learning. There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution here.
We believe in young people
- We believe every young person has positive potential and that no student is a “lost cause”, whatever their history. We believe that disengagement is a response to the situation, not the problem, and that given the right support, every student can make a positive contribution.
We are committed
- The young people who come to us have reached a crisis point. Poor choices, combined with a lack of opportunities and insufficient support, have set them on a downward spiral. We will break this cycle.
We are expert professionals
- We are experienced, we know what we are doing and can demonstrate that our methods and approach yield outstanding results. We aim to set the standard for excellence in our field and show others how to achieve similar results.