How do we listen to our students?
Our student voice is captured through our fortnightly ‘Rise and Shine’ podcast. Our students contribute to topical issues about school, young life, current news and just their opinion! The podcast is made by our students and coordinated by our Media Teacher Joe Calum.
The podcast inclusively captures the views of as many students as possible during morning breakfast, enrichment and breaks/lunches. Everyone’s view is welcome! These views are edited into our fortnightly broadcast. Watch out on our newsfeed and here for our recent recordings!
In addition to this we have our regular podcasts desert island disks and our termly debates on topical young life’s issues.
Rise and Shine - Euro Podcast
A Rise and Shine Podcast
Rise and Shine - Desert Island Discs
What makes a good one?
Our Rise and Shine podcast represents the views of all pupils and influences change in school.
These are some things that our students have shared their views on:
- Life After Covid
- Desert Island Disks (regular programme)
- What happens at Rise
- School dinners
- Topic issues
What have the Students at Rise Academy achieved in the past?
- Re-designed the bistro and its menu
- Involved with the planning of the redecoration of the school
- Consultation and planning of the termly reward trips
- Planning of the forthcoming attendance strategy reward activity
- Consultation with health practitioners about the restructure of teen mental health support
- Promotional film making