Governors are appointed to help
The Constellation Trust Objectives:
- All pupils, regardless of starting point, will meet or exceed their potential.
- All schools will offer a broad, exciting and engaging curriculum that creates a love of lifelong learning.
- Every pupil will be given opportunities to develop socially and emotionally to become confident, resilient learners.
- The achievement gap between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged pupils will be closed.
- Recruit and retain excellent staff providing high quality professional development.
- Best value will be achieved through robust, centralised services to benefit all.
As part of The Constellation Trust governance process Rise Academy governors meet six times per academic year to receive reports from the Headteacher on the life and work of the school. Members of staff also report to Governors at the half termly meetings, and this usually takes the form of an in-depth look at some aspect of the whole curriculum.
This of course means that parents can attend as observers, although governors retain the right to take certain agenda items as confidential.
The Rise Academy governance offers professional challenge to the Head of School, they operate under the wider view of The Constellation Trust Board.
Acknowledging the wider powers given to them by recent legislation Governors have a very significant role to play in ensuring that, along with the Executive Director for AP and the Head of School, they move the school forward in a coherent, cohesive way.
Rise Academy Local Governing Body
|NAME||DATE OF APP.||APPOINTED BY||TERM OF OFFICE||LEAD AREA||BUSINESS INTEREST||NATURE OF INTEREST|
|09/12/2015||Management Committee||08/12/2022||SEND Curriculum||
Ings Primary School
Chair of Governors
|Munzella Hassan-Antcliffe||17/12/2018||Trustees||16/12/2022||Safeguarding||Rise Academy||
|Richard Gregersen||26/03/2019||Trustees||27/03/2023||Health and Safety||Community|
|Joanne Leighton||26/09/2020||Trustees||01/09/2023||Attendance||Newington Primary||Community|
|Philip Mountain-Wade||Ex Officio||01/09/2023||Rise Academy||Head of School|
The Constellation Trust Members and Directors
View our Members, Directors and all Trust Governance information here: http://www.