Governors are appointed to help:
- oversee the curriculum taught;
- set and ensure standards are being met;
- ensure quality is being delivered;
- implement Trust wide objectives;
The Constellation Trust Objectives:
- All pupils, regardless of starting point, will meet or exceed their potential.
- All schools will offer a broad, exciting and engaging curriculum that creates a love of lifelong learning.
- Every pupil will be given opportunities to develop socially and emotionally to become confident, resilient learners.
- The achievement gap between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged pupils will be closed.
- Recruit and retain excellent staff providing high quality professional development.
- Best value will be achieved through robust, centralised services to benefit all.
As part of The Constellation Trust governance process Rise Academy governors meet six times per academic year to receive reports from the Headteacher on the life and work of the school. Members of staff also report to Governors at the half termly meetings, and this usually takes the form of an in-depth look at some aspect of the whole curriculum.
This of course means that parents can attend as observers, although governors retain the right to take certain agenda items as confidential.
The Rise Academy governance offers professional challenge to the Head of School, they operate under the wider view of The Constellation Trust Board.
Acknowledging the wider powers given to them by recent legislation Governors have a very significant role to play in ensuring that, along with the Executive Director for AP and the Head of School, they move the school forward in a coherent, cohesive way.
Management Committee Members
|Lynn Brattan||Community||Chair Head of School Reviewer|
|Sue Yardley||Executive Director for AP (The Constellation Trust)||SEND|
|Philip Mountain Wade||Head of School||School Effectiveness & Leadership|
|Leigh O’Donnell||Community||Vice Chair
Child Protection Member
Looked After Children
|Wayne Anderson||Community||Link Governor
Governor Development and Skills
|Munzella Hassan Antcliffe||Staff||Safeguarding|
|John Robinson||Observer||Finance Manager|
|Name||Relevant Business Interests||Other Educational Establishments Governed||Relationship with other governors or staff|
|Lynn Brattan||None||The Constellation Trust||None|
|Sue Yardley||None||The Constellation Trust||None|
|Philip Mountain Wade||None||None||None|
|Wayne Anderson||Commissioned Provider||Ings Road Primary||None|
|Munzella Hassan Antcliffe||None||None||None|
|Michelle Johnson||Commissioned Clerk||The Constellation Trust||None|
|John Robinson||Independent Finance Manager||None|